Introduction of VoIP Phones
This blog explains pros and cons of VoIP phones used in the business phone system these days for communication across the globe. Before moving to the pros and cons let’s know the definition of VOIP.
VoIP means voice over internet protocol used for communication purposes to make voice calls using internet connection. Many business phone systems have replaced their phone system with this latest technology to gain more profits and benefits for their organisation. For every technology, there are both pros and cons which must be known by the users before implementing them in their organisations. But it is proven that any technology is known to be successful when there are more pros compared to its cons.
Let’s see the pros of VoIP:
Advantages Of Voip
- First advantage that forced organisations tilt towards this technology is COST SAVINGS, huge cost savings are gained through less investment in infrastructure, maintenance and software installations
- Many more advanced features like auto attendant, call forwarding, call queues, call conferencing and many additional features are included in VoIP phones when compared to landlines.
- International calling expenses are saved
- Supports remote working which is not at all supported by landlines for business purposes
- Highly accessible as we can reach out the target users from anywhere and anytime
- Highly scalable
- No additional lines need to be added for additional numbers
- Use the same existing number as VoIP number
- High definition and crystal-clear voice calls
- Supports multi-tasking which is time saving
- Very flexible to use this technology as it requires only internet connection
- Highly secured calls are supported
- Easily integrated with the existing applications
Let’s check the cons of VoIP which are very few compared to the other technology in communications.
DISADVANTAGES OF VOIP:
- You must ensure that you get the higher bandwidth and good internet connection from the best VOIP provider in the market
- Sometimes poor bandwidth may delay the transmission of data packets which delays the delivery of packets.
- It is difficult to identify the location of emergency calls as the calls are done using IP address
These are advantages and disadvantages of the latest leading and successful technology implemented in the communications field to serve business purposes.