Virtual number for business voice?
The main goal for any business small to big is expansions over the global and local markets which can be achieved through business phone numbers. Before the latest technology introduced in the world of communications that is “VOIP” reached the businesses, the communication was done through the traditional phone system.
We can say that the traditional phone system was very successful for the business to reach their customers and also to get new customers but still the growth of the business is high on the profit scale using the latest communication system when compared to the profits achieved by the business using the traditional phone numbers or phone system.
The concept of virtual numbers introduced by businesses has brought more flexibility than the traditional phone numbers used for communication.
What is virtual number?
Virtual numbers are the phone numbers which are also known as cloud-based numbers that allow businesses to reach customers. The traditional phone numbers used by the businesses were tied to the PSTN public switched network connected through copper wiring to get connected with the users across the world. The traditional phone system used analog technology where the calls or signals are carried over the copper wires through the public switched networks and the circuit remains open till the customers are on the line.
The main issue with the traditional numbers is there is a high disturbance with your privacy and the call rates differ when compared to the latest VOIP tech. calls
A virtual phone number uses the internet to get connected to other phone networks which do not use any exchange networks. Virtual numbers are used to make and receive calls using any device that is connected to the cloud. The virtual calls send data packets over the internet using any device like softphones, mobile devices, desk phones that get converted into audio signals at the receiver end.
Businesses can get virtual numbers from the best VOIP service provider available in the market that can be managed very easily using area codes, VOIP software assigned to your business is used for making and receiving calls.
Working of a virtual number:
- The first and foremost factor required for any virtual number is the fast internet connection or wi-fi network.
- It doesn’t require any sim card, cell towers.
- It has 10 digits including area code, three-digit exchange, four-digit subscriber number.
There are four types of virtual phone numbers toll-free numbers, vanity numbers, local numbers, and international numbers.
- Vanity numbers are the numbers that use alphanumeric numbers or phrases that represent your business brand.
- National numbers or toll-free numbers are the free call numbers used by the customers to reach the business with zero cost.
- Specific area codes integrated into any business number are called local numbers.
- Country codes integrated with the business numbers that appear to be local.
`Why do businesses use virtual numbers?
- Businesses use virtual numbers as they are very easy to implement and install as it doesn’t require any technical knowledge.
- They are accessible on any device like laptops, smartphones, and desk phones.
- It is used for sending voice messages, recording messages, forward calls, send text messages
- Fast to reach the customers through many social platforms.
- No need of maintaining multiple numbers for internal communication in the businesses.
- Features like call routing, IVR, call forwarding, call recordings, and many others are included with the virtual number, unlike traditional phone systems.
- Cost-effective and productive when compared to traditional phone calls.
So, readers by now you will be understanding the concept of virtual numbers and their advantages but the important factor to be considered is to pick the right VOIP service provider delivering the best services with good features and benefits suitable for your business. One of the best VOIP service providers we suggest is VITELGLOBAL rendering your favourite virtual numbers with HD quality including a set of powerful features like auto-attendant, voice mail to email, unlimited calls, text messaging, voice messaging, and many others.