VoIP vs Cloud PBX
This article is about to discuss the technology and the hosted service or providers. Let us know what is VoIP communication technically.
One of the dominant, successful technology implemented in the communication world replacing the traditional phone systems is VoIP. Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) is a new way of communication technology implemented in businesses or in residential areas. It is a technology that allows users to make telephone calls over an IP network or the internet by sending sound packets between the receiver and the caller. The communication process in the VoIP technology follows the process of sending data packets over the best path avoiding jitters and latencies.
What Is A Cloud PBX?
The cloud-based phone system is a process of delivering communication services over the internet. The “cloud” is the internet. A cloud-based phone system or internet phone system is also known as a business phone system that has the ability to deliver calls over the internet and provide telephony applications like voicemail and call recording, call forwarding, call rejection, and other features.
The biggest advantage of Cloud PBX is, no matter where your offices are located, all of them can be connected to the same instance of Cloud PBX. Employees from one office can connect to another by just dialing internal extensions for small and medium-sized businesses. Cloud, also known as ‘Hosted’ simply refers to the product being hosted by the provider instead of being installed on-site. A typical Cloud PBX provider will handle call routing and switching at their specific location, and manage all the PBX equipment and software utilized and implemented in the virtual PBX services. The added benefits of cloud PBX voicemail, call blocking, conference calling, call auditing, call logs, faxing, and automated messages.
How Does It Work?
- Voice over Internet Protocol technology is used for making and receiving calls using a high-speed Internet connection where you no longer need to pay huge traditional phone bills.
- Virtual PBXdirects and manages call routing service internally in organizations where employees can work from any location
VoIP directs your calls straight to your phone by using your high-speed internet connection. Using your phone is just like normal, you will hear a dial tone, dial your numbers and make your call, hanging up when you did. The only major change is that you no longer need to pay crippling bills using your usual telephone company. RECEIVING CALLS Callers dial your phone number or directly to an extension Callers are greeted by a custom auto-attendant Virtual Cloud PBX manages call routing through your company Employees can work anywhere Voice mail can be left on an extension and sent to a mail address. MAKING CALLS Using a Virtual PBX VoIP phone Just pick up the VoIP phone and dial No long-distance or inter-branch charges EXPENSES Cloud PBX offers a lower total cost of ownership with predictable and affordable monthly charges. This fully outsourced solution allows you to free up your budget allowing you to focus on your core business and maximize productivity. Since Cloud phone systems fall under operational expenditure as opposed to capital expenditure, they are also very attractive to many companies. Companies avoid the need to buy an expensive phone system and there are no installations or maintenance costs whatsoever STAY CONNECTED With a Hosted Cloud PBX service you have the ability to connect numerous offices and employees in a single system. It is very flexible and scalable too as resources will not be wasted should you hire more employees or reduce their amount. Your company could expand by thousands of employees and the Cloud service will still be able to meet these needs. Some businesses have even chosen to have no premises at all but rather use the Cloud PBX system to connect remote employees with their domestic telephones while still receiving the same features as any other PBX user. A great feature of Cloud PBX is that businesses have the option to choose their own area code, even if they themselves are not located in the region. For instance, if any of your employees are based in New York but you find a lot of your clients and contacts in Los Angeles, the Cloud PBX service allows you to register your number in Los Angeles and treat all communications made there as local calls. Over time, this could save thousands of dollars compared with long-distance calling. If this isn’t an issue for you, Cloud PBX also allows your company to choose its own number or keep it as it is. SECURITY Cloud BPX services are also very secure, with many companies utilizing modern firewalls and anti-virus protection to ensure that there are no unwanted breaches by hackers or intruders. Indeed, VoIP telephony systems encrypting the data before it is even sent actually further enhances security.
often people think that Business VoIP (Virtual PBX) and Cloud Phone Systems (Hosted PBX in the cloud) are one and the same. Despite the fact that both the business phone systems help lower your TCO (total cost of ownership) than an on-premises phone system, they are not equal.
The differences are significant between business VoIP and a cloud phone system, most probably in terms of functionality. The major difference is that the virtual PBX is an automated answering system, which only directs the call, whereas the hosted business VoIP phone system is a complete professional phone system.
Deciding on the right cloud phone system is crucial for a successful business. Several factors play an important role when determining the best cloud phone solutions. Each cloud phone system provider has its own strength and weaknesses. However, before you come to a decision, you need to find out exactly what output do you expect from the hosted business VoIP phone system or cloud phone system provider’s solution.
What did We need for our Business?
1. Phone solution specially designed for small & medium-sized businesses;
2. Parallel features & collaboration tools available for every user;
3. Freedom from desk phone;
4. Time and resources savings on phone hardware management;
5. To eliminate hardware costs;
6. High scalability, a system that grows with us;
7. Should support all kinds of UC users;
8. Finally, a business phone system that empowers your business.
Why Move Your Phone System into the Cloud?
There are several reasons why businesses should transform their existing phone systems to cloud phone systems or hosted business VoIP phone systems. Some of them are:
- The cloud phone solutions are specially designed keeping all sized businesses in mind. It provides all the powerful UC features at a very affordable cost.
- No need to sacrifice features and flexibility. A cloud-based phone system offers parallel business-class features for every user such as call forwarding, unified messaging (transcribe voicemail & sent to email inbox), call hold, contact list synchronized with the office phone system, follow me, three-way conference, auto-attendant, and many more.
- A softphone is one of the wonderful UC applications that enable mobility features for users. It detaches you from your office desk phone allowing you to make and receive calls along with extension dialing right from your Android & iOS mobile & desktop devices.
- It saves your company valuable time and resources by taking off the hardware configuration and management burden from your shoulders. Additionally, lower your total cost of ownership (TCO) & minimize OPEX.
- Get running your business phone system in the cloud with zero upfront hardware costs (major CAPEX savings).
- Cloud phone systems are designed to offer high scalability as new users can be added easily without the need to buy additional hardware.
- The cloud-based VoIP systems are fully compatible and support all kinds of users such as System Administrator, Office Manager, Receptionists,s and Mobile Worker.
A hosted business VoIP phone system empowers your business with its unique on-number reach that makes you available at all times on multiple devices.
Quality of Service
A bad service can hammer the VoIP calls. Often, the voice quality and clarity depend on the Internet speed used to connect the systems in the cloud. It’s always recommended by cloud business phone system providers to avail high-speed internet connectivity when choosing a cloud-based VoIP solution for a business.
The failover systems in the cloud are monitored 24×7 to ensure the redirection of PSTN traffic within seconds in the event of disastrous hardware or software failure, providing you consistency and reliable service.
Book Your Free Demo Today — firstname.lastname@example.org | 040–69030303
Learn More — https://www.vitelglobal.in/